11 in 11 Linky Party (and My VERY First One)

11 in 11 Linky Party






I’m joining in my very first Linky Party put on by Kristin and Hadar.  I have just joined this community of blogging and I can’t wait to read and learn more from all of these fabulous bloggers.  This Linky Party has already introduced me to several new bloggy friends and I’m so excited about that…so here’s my contribution to the party.  Everyone needs to bring a dish.  Now, I'll dish out mine...

11. Favorite movie you watched

The Help: What a wonderful story.  I first read the book with my book club.  Then I made my 14 year old daughter read it before she could join me and one of my friends at the movie.  Inspiring, truly inspiring.  I should have picked Crazy Stupid Love, but didn’t.  I’ll save that gem for #3.




10. Favorite TV series
I don’t watch much TV because I’d rather be reading (blogs usually).  But I TiVo Parenthood and then have marathon runs on long weekends or whenever I actually have time to sit on my rear. 




9. Favorite restaurant

My absolute favorite restaurant is The Cheesecake Factory.  Once, I drove all the way to Charlotte (2 ½ miles away) ON A SCHOOL NIGHT to meet my husband (who was away on business) just because we could go to South Park and eat at The Cheesecake Factory!


8. Favorite new thing you tried


Blogging, of course!  I’m so excited about starting this new adventure.  I started thinking about doing this a few years ago.  I was going to create a blog about home, cooking, and teaching.  However, after spending so much of my time devoted to reading teacher blogs, I fell in LOVE with teacher blogs.  So, here I am J!



7. Favorite gift you received


I have to list two favorite gifts (one store bought and one homemade).  The one that was store bought was my Nook Color.  I can’t imagine life without it.  (How sad is that?)


But, my most favorite gift received that was homemade was a wreath made by my daughter.  It looks similar to this pin (from Pinterest) that she posted to one of her inspiration boards.  (Like mother, like daughter).



6. Favorite thing you pinned


Oh so many pins, so little time!  This is my favorite because it inspired me to make one for my teaching buddy for Christmas.  Then, when I brought it to school, several staff members said, “Hey, you should sell those!”  So, I did…I sold 12 wreaths in all; enough to make some extra spending money for Christmas. 



5. Favorite blog post
Since I’ve only been at this since October, I don’t really have too many to say I have a favorite.  I’m hoping that in 2012 that I will have too many to choose from instead of too little.



4. Favorite accomplishment


Both of my children were in plays during the fall season.  My daughter was in her high school play and my son was cast as Hobie in the local community playhouse’s version of The Best Christmas Padgent Ever.  Keeping up with two kids in two different performances going to rehearsal-after rehearsal-after rehearsal was enough.  But…on the final night of my son’s play, I was a walk-on and had the line “What about Grace?”  Now, we are all thespians.  (My husband is a stand-up comic.) 

3. Favorite picture


OK….wait for it.


Yes, that is me and my best friend, Josh Groban (the best singer EVER), with some other chick. 
OK, just kidding, that’s me and my best friend, Beth, with JOSH GROBAN!  Yes, I’m in LOVE with him (or at least his music).  Or, maybe I am in love with him…don’t tell my husband.


The story of how I’ve met him 3 different times will have to wait for another post (if you are interested).  By the way, he was in Crazy Stupid Love, hince the reference in #11.


2. Favorite memory


Wow, too many to pick just one.  But, one of my favorite memories is of my vacation with my husband in Byson City, NC.  We stayed in a yurt.  Ever heard of one of those?  It’s fabulous.  It’s glamping at its best.  (Yes, glamping…camping with glamor!) 



1. Goal for 2012


My number one goal for 2012 is to learn to organize my life.  I’m not talking about my “things”.  I’m talking about making every minute count.  






So, there you have it.  My first linky party.  And, no clean-up! SCORE!

17 comments

  1. Ok Elizabeth, I'm starting to feel a kinship. Obviously great minds think alike when it comes to our fabulous layout. It's so happy and colorful..makes me smile every time I pull up my blog..or now yours. I'm your newest follower!

    What should our next goal be? 112 followers before the 1st? :)

    I love the Cheesecake Factory! Fried Mac and Cheese = bliss!

    I just signed up to Pinterest like 20 minutes ago, thanks to Jill! Thanks for pinning my pine cones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I confused you with Jill regarding the pinning of the pine cones craft. Sorry Elizabeth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new follower - LOVE the wreath your daughter made...too cute! :)

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up!!!
    I would love to know the Josh Groban story!!! Please tell!!!
    And I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Cheesecake Factory!!!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved The Help and I love Josh Groban! We are meant to be blog buddies!

    Adventures of a 6th Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you did a linky! Aren't they fun? Now following you..

    Josh Groban IS awesome :)

    Haley
    followingoptimism.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Christmas wreath, so cute!

    Courtney

    howardhappenings-courtney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for following me Holly, Haley and Courtney!
    Kristin...that's all you had to say ;) A post about Josh Groban soon!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for following my blog!! I'll be emailing you the posters today. I'm your new follower too! I'm looking forward to reading more from you! :)

    Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Amber. Once you created the form you just dumped it into Blogger, I'm guessing?

    It's nice to met ya', too! Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Glad you linked up to your first linky party!

    Hadar

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sooo want to try the yurt thing! They have one near us and I'm dying to try it. I'm new to the bloggy world too and the linky party has been a fun way to "get to know" people. I love the wreaths yours and your daughters...looks like the apple didn't fall far from the tree : ) I'm a new follower - can't wait to see what fun is ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for following my blog- I just found yours and am now following as well!

    Seems like we have a lot in common- same name, favorite TV show, and wreath making! I'm reading The Help now so that could eventually become one of my favorite movies as well as books. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Elisabeth~I thought the same thing, too. We do have a lot in common :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could camp out in one of those. I LOVE Josh Groban - what a gift! Does he want to hang out with me? I'm your newest follower from the fab linky party. Hope you'll visit me.

    ReplyDelete