Fantastic Foldables

You know how I love Foldables, right?

Laura Candler has created a linky party just for foldables...how cool is that?



As she so eloquently said on her blog, Corkboard Connections:
"Not only are foldables a terrific way to actively engage students, they're also great because kids can store them and refer to them later when studying for a test or completing an assignment. I can't wait to see all the super ideas that will be shared here!"

When we started the Poetry and Figurative Language lapbooks this week, my students {and my best teaching buddy's students} quickly flipped back in their reading notebooks to the foldable we had created in the fall on poetry.  How stinkin' cool is that?

Here's the lapbook full of foldables that we are creating this week:

I modified it for my class because that was a lot of printing.  So, at the end of the file, there is a page with just the figurative language terms and another page for the poetry terms.  My students will be creating a flip book with a sentence strip to add those.  We will make those tomorrow, so I'll show you a picture soon!
 

Link up with Laura...let's face it, she's an amazing teacher guru.  I kinda have one of those teacher-crushes on her, too {Amber}.  You know, like a bro-mance, only teachery...how about a teach-mance?

Naw, that just sounds weird.

Anyway...link up!

Also-stay tuned tomorrow for my fabulous 200+ follower giveaway!  It's gonna be good :)  I'm having a giveaway with a little help from my friends.

5 comments

  1. I love Laura Candler. I can never decided if I am more obsessed with her or Beth Newingham.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, that is so sweet! I feel honored to be compared to Beth Newingham. She's my idol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizabeth! Just posted a little shout out & I just got a notification that I have an email from you...and the answer is YES!! I will email you in the morning (-;

    Michelle

    The 3AM Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way Amber P.!!!! I love the fact that Laura is from our very own, NC! Elizabeth, is this poetry lapbook on your TpT? I must have it to use with my kids during our poetry unit coming up!!!!

    Twins, Teaching and Tacos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you Amber and Elisabeth :)

    Yes, this lapbook is in both my TpT and TN stores. We've been working on it for the last few days and they are doing such a good job!

    Michelle~Thanks for the shout out! You rock!

    ReplyDelete