Monday Made It {July 28}

It seems this is about the only thing I can set my calendar to this summer...Thank goodness for Tara!

I have a few Made Its that are school related.
So, I've been working away on Math Moves for 5th grade.  Guess what?  I finished!!  It's not quite posted, but the bulk of the work is over!  Yay!!

Who teaches 5th grade and would like to do some editing?  Email me at funinroom4b@gmail.com if you are interested.  I'd GREATLY appreciate it.  Once all of the editing is complete, this will be posted!!

More organization--- it just makes me happy.  Spraypaint is my friend:


I had a toolbox and set of drawers that needed an overhaul since I'm changing the colors of my room.  (I am still using the more pastel colors from the beginning of the summer in my office at my second school.)

First up, I changed the "Copy/Grade/File" drawers to "Copy Paper/ Pencils/ Notebook Paper" and painted the drawers.

That one isn't quite 100% finished.  I still need to tape the paper inserts down, but I couldn't find my packing tape and my sticker maker ran out of sticky.  So, that will have to wait....

I created an editable version of this set if you'd like it.  It was made to fit this type of drawer, though (the one I used was an old-old-old one that I repurposed):

You can find the  EDITABLE file at Teachers Pay Teachers {here}.

To go with that, I repainted my Teacher Toolbox, too.


You can grab this EDITABLE file at Teachers Pay Teachers, too {here}.

And, you see that fabric in the picture at the top?  Well, those are going to be used for my curtains and a cover for a rocking chair.  Off to get my craft on....


Have a great week!


18 comments

  1. Love how you spray painted your drawers….Hmmmm…I feel a new project coming on. I would love to do some editing on your math packet. I sent you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The drawers look great!!! It took me forever to paint and insert my labels on my teacher tool kit.... I'm afraid to ever change it up. HaHa. My craft skills are not always the best :) I love your color scheme!

    Katie
    Dirty Hands & Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute new color scheme! So summery and pretty, yet calming. :) Can't wait to see your completed room!

    Meredith
    Creativity to the Core

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Meredith. I'm enjoying how it's all coming together. Can't wait to share how it all turns out. I just hope it turns out the way I have it envisioned in my head ;)

      Delete
  4. Love the colours - they will make your room a bright, cheery place to be! I need to spray paint a few things too - yours look so great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I sure hope it turns out the way I want it :)

      Delete
  5. Those colors make me so happy whenever I see them!!! The orange and green paints are so pretty and completely transformed those containers--wow!! I cannot wait to see everything together in your room (rooms!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen, your bright colors are always an inspiration :)

      Delete
  6. I love your bright colors! How hard is it to paint the toolbox? Do you sand the toolbox before you paint it? I bought one last year and I was too chicken to paint it. I'm terrible, I have already chosen a color scheme, but when I start looking at other people's projects, it makes me want their colors!?! ha Can't wait to see it all put together!
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really not hard at all. I did sand my toolboox this time because it had been previously painted. I used a very fine grit sandpaper. I think I might have done the same thing when it was new. It couldn't hurt it to sand it a bit. I'd just use a very fine sandpaper. Good luck :)

      Delete
  7. Loving the orange!! It's so cheerful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving it right now...I hope it's not too much when I pull it all together ;)

      Delete
  8. The toolbox and plastic drawers look great! I've been having fun with spray paint this past week too! I plan to buy and organize the toolbox this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wanted to tell you how great math moves is. I've been using it for the last week and it has been a wonderful preview of skills to come as well as a bit of review too.

    Loving it!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather,
      Thank you so much! I just had a chance to check in and read this comment---busy back to school. This totally made my night. Thank you!!

      Delete