Interactive Notebook Cover {A Freebie!}

I've recently transitioned into a brand-new teaching adventure teaching ESOL and I love it!  My ELL students are amazing and I can't wait to learn and grow with them this year.

Last week, I officially started pulling them for their instruction.  The first few weeks of school were spent testing new ELL students and completing federal paperwork.  Those were probably the longest weeks of my entire teaching career because I missed seeing students.

Which is one of the reasons that I've been sporadic (at best) with posting to this blog.  I really haven't had too much to say.

Now that I've started seeing students, I hope to start sharing more of what we are doing.

I'll start today with sharing our interactive notebooks.

If you have been a reader since the beginning, you already know that I am a strong believer in interactive notebooking.  Yes, "notebooking".  It's a verb.  As in we "DO" this together.  It requires active thinking and "doing".

When I transitioned into this new role, luckily for me, I was partnered back up (although virtually as we are in different schools) with my best teacher friend in the whole-wide-world.  I shared two years ago about how sad I was that she was leaving me to do ESOL.  You can read all about that {here}.  But, now that we are back together, we have been sharing ideas again and we are back to being like peas and carrots :)

Anyway, she has been notebooking with her ELL kiddos and I knew that I would want to do that, too!

Take a look at the covers we created last week.



Do you need a notebook cover?  I made this one available as an editable file.  Check it out by clicking on the image below:

Do you use interactive notebooks?  I'd love to hear about how you have your students create covers.  Leave me a comment below!

Hope to be back soon!


1 comment

  1. I am a homeschooling mom of 5 boys, and have dabbled in Notebooking for years. The boys do not all love to do their covers, but there is something about making their materials special. It really sends a powerful message when we invest in the materials our kids use. It is a subliminal, "I care about what you are learning so much that I want to make it special for you!"

    ReplyDelete